Experienced Real Estate Lending Executives With a Long Tenure As a Team
- ACORE Capital’s four Managing Partners have worked together for 20 years building and operating market leading commercial real estate lending platforms targeting value-add loans.
- Prior to founding ACORE, the four Managing Partners were most recently senior members of the management team of Starwood Property Trust, Inc. (NYSE: STWD), a publicly traded mortgage REIT, between October 2010 and October 2014.
Long-Term Track Record of Success
- Since 1994 the four Managing Partners have participated in the origination of some 4,000 commercial real estate loans totaling over $40 billion.
- During their tenure at STWD, the company invested over $8 billion in commercial real estate debt with no reported defaults or losses.
Robust Origination Platform With Significant Deal Flow
- ACORE has $6.5 billion of AUM in real estate credit strategies1. 1AUM is calculated as of June 30, 2017 and is comprised of (i) $2.0 billion of gross subordinate debt capital commitments from investors, (ii) $800 million whole loan facility commitment (of which approximately $265 million is included in the subordinate debt capital commitment), (iii) $3.1 billion of related senior debt investments under management (which amount includes future funding obligations), which investments under clauses (i), (ii), and (iii) are managed on a non-discretionary basis for an institutional investor, and (iv) a $900 million of whole loan investment allocation managed on a discretionary basis for another institutional investor.
- Since inception, ACORE has originated on a gross basis $7.3 billion of loans2. 2As of June 30, 2017, represents investment activity from ACORE's inception of May 2015. Originations includes loans that have term sheets signed, are credit committee approved and/or are funded. Signed term sheets are subject to change and may not be consummated. Figures presented include $392 million in loans ($22 million of subordinated debt) where term sheets are signed but the loans are not closed. Includes future funding amounts.
- Robust pipeline allows for investment selectivity – ACORE closes only 1 loan for every 20 reviewed.
Focused On Attractive CRE Value-Add Loans
- Specific expertise in sourcing and underwriting value-add loans, a segment of the CRE market that requires unique skill but can provide attractive risk-adjusted returns to investors.
“One Stop” Financing Solution Provides Pricing Power
- ACORE is one of the few lenders that can originate the whole loan/entire debt stack, allowing borrowers to deal with only one counterparty and providing ACORE with the ability to negotiate strong loan terms and conditions.
Ability to Tailor Strategies to Meet Investor Requirements
- Flexibility to manage investor capital through either separate accounts or co-mingled funds and work with investors to help minimize regulatory and tax requirements